Northeastern US Based [Territory Includes ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, PA, NJ, DE, DC, MD, WV, VA]
arivis, a world leader in 3D/4D image visualization, interaction, and analysis is searching for a talented individual to join our team as a business development manager.
This position will provide direct sales interaction with arivis’s US potential customer base for arivis InViewR the first and only virtual reality system in the world to allow users to experience, interact with, and analyze their native imaging data in virtual reality without conversion.
Candidate will have the opportunity to develop the market in their geographic region by providing information on the product and solutions to customers. Position provides ample opportunity for rapid advancement and increased earning potential. Position is ideal for candidates that enjoy travel but can also work easily out of their home office in their region.
Will only consider exceptional candidates residing outside defined geographic region.
Requirements for this position are:
- Imaging experience with Confocal, Multi-photon, Spinning Disk, Light Sheet, Widefield, live-cell 3D microscopes, and / or electron microscopy (EM), and / or 3D X-Ray or CT / MRI imaging
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with image data processing
- Outgoing personality with an affinity for self-motivation and responsibility
- Interest in scientific advances and innovations in image analysis and advanced optics.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, and written
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a concise manner
- Ability to vertically interface with multiple levels of diverse professional clients
- Degree or equivalent in a science or engineering discipline
Highly desirable, but not required:
- Experience as a sales, application scientist, or technical supporter (in particular, in selling or supporting technical high-value software and/or microscopy hardware)
- Well-founded knowledge in the life sciences; biology, neuroscience or material sciences markets.
Desirable, but not required:
- Technical knowledge of PC hardware, subsystems, peripheral and networking equipment
- Experience and knowledge of the Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality market and products
Tasks and Duties:
- Achieve and surpass all quarterly and annual sales target numbers.
- Research customers’ image analysis needs and provide solutions in a professional and effective manner.
- Perform customized customer demonstrations in a manner tailored for customer’s specific scientific needs.
- Provide answers to pre-sales technical and commercial questions from customers.
- Follow-up on all sales opportunities within a timely manner.
- Develop new business relationships within the defined territory with key science centers and scientists as well as strengthening existing customer relationships.
- Represent and promote the company in professional manner at courses, tradeshows and conferences.
- Provide support for existing channel partners.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts that lead to sales.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that impact target markets.
- Manage designated sales leads, prospects and customer accounts in line with agreed business objectives.
- Manage and report sales bookings, potential sales, customer feedback and activity plan and other reports as required.
- Continually compile market information/intelligence on dedicated regions with a view to providing market feedback to assist in the shaping of future company strategy and product development.
- Regularly attend sales meetings and offer feedback and suggestions to improve product solutions.
Benefits include a base salary, performance based commission, 401K plan, healthcare, and vacation. Employee will work out of a home office. Travel and home office expenses are company paid.
Please email CV and Cover Letter to:
Michael C. Wussow
Vice President Sales and Marketing – Imaging