Tracking & Lineage
Tracking cells or subcellular particles in microscopic data can be challenging. The arivis Vision4D Tracking Module allows tracking of objects throughout time series in both 2D or 3D multichannel image sets of any size (100s of GBs or TBs). With Vision4D we offer an easy to use approach with full control and interactivity at all steps. Several automatic algorithms allow fast and reproducible tracking which can be applied also on other data sets. The novel software architecture and state-of-the-art algorithms delivers top performance on tracking analysis of complex biological data.
Fast and reproducible tracking
Several parameters and state-of-the-art algorithms allow fast and reproducible tracking which can be applied also on other data sets:
- Select for center of mass based on intensity or geometry
- Max distance, including automatic detection of max distance
- Motion types: Brownian motion, linear regression and conal angle
- Options to allow divisions and/or fusions
- Adjustable weighting with one or more other object features, such as intensity, shape or volume
Several measurements including typical Lineage features
Several (color-coded) measurements within the resulting tracks including typical Lineage features, for example:
- Instantaneous, average speed and accelaration
- Displacement by time point and overall
- Number of generations, divisions, successors, branches
- Generation time
- Time since last division
- Further custom measurements may be created easily
Images courtesy of Celia Smits, Stanislav Y. Shvartsman, Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University acquired with Luxendo MuVi SPIM
Color-coded display of any object measurements along a track or via gating in scatter plots with interactive viewing in 4D (or vice versa). Adjustable dragon tail (tail & head) and vector display for all or some time points. Watch video here.
Easy proof editing with the new Track Editor suggesting the closest objects to a given track in 2D or 3D.
Proof reading, corrections or manual tracking is even more efficient and easy using our Virtual Reality Tracking package.