The arivis ImageCore is a powerful software library which provides redundancy-free storage. This technology provides random access to any area of the image at any zoom level in almost constant time. The arivis ImageCore can be used in all software systems as a subsystem and provides a high-performance memory management.
With the arivis ImageCore, we now provide a library, with which application developers can base existing or new applications on our proven memory management.
- Saving of and access to image data of unlimited size
- Image data with up to 5 real dimensions
- Unlimited number of channels (spectral information) e.g. for X-ray, infrared, contour model
- Intelligent caching and pre-fetching and thus performant navigation on the data
- Color charts integrated into the data model (false color rendering)
- Available for all important operating systems
- Transparent compressing of image data
- Simple, clearly structured interface, quick orientation
The concept of the arivis ImageCore aims at transparently providing applications with highly performant memory. For this, different caching and pre-fetching strategies are combined with an optimized data format and efficient methods accessing the data. The library can thus be very easily integrated into any program infra-structures.
The arivis ImageCore is implemented in C++. The implementation bases on open libraries like Boost. During the development, we put stress on the smooth co-operation with all important operating systems and compilers. Therefore, you can continue offering your applications platform-independently.
Since we use the arivis ImageCore as basis for our own products and solutions, its intense further development is secured.
The library possesses a simple, clearly structured interface, and can thus be easily integrated. In many cases, the application can be directly compiled and used after some minor adaptations, simply by using the arivis ImageCore instead of the old memory management. It is only used as a transparent upgrading of the previously applied main memory. The whole application will become even more flexible through the use of the optimized SIS-image format. With it, even extremely large, multi-dimensional image data can be opened, visualized, processed and saved very quickly.