arivis is a market leading life sciences software company providing software solutions and services.
We enable flexible acquisition, management, visualization, analysis and presentation of multidimensional images in scientific and technical applications.
Headquartered in Munich, Germany, arivis is an international fast-growing company that already generates more than 50% of its revenue in more than 25 countries outside of Germany.
We are an international team of developers, engineers, scientists, educators, communicators, artists, and leaders who love imaging and collaborating with our customers.
We need a scientist who has a knack for working with image data to join our team as an Application Engineer (m/f/d) to support creative science and build new productive commercial relationships. We seek someone with energy and enthusiasm for sharing the benefits of imaging science.
Requirements for this position are:
- Strong computer skills
- Successful completion of Ph.D. at the time of employment
- Highly skilled in scientific image processing, segmentation, and analysis
- Desire to work in genuine cooperation with customers, sales staff, and developers
- Ability to produce valid analysis results and solve customer problems, primarily at home using computers, remote connections to other computing resources, and other hardware
- Experience with image data processing
- Outgoing personality with an affinity for self-motivation and responsibility
- Interest in scientific advances and innovations in image analysis and advanced optics
- Excellent communication skills, oral, and written
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a concise mannerAbility to work independently but at the same time being a great team player
Highly desirable, but not required:
- Python and MATLAB scripting experience
- Well-founded knowledge in the life sciences; biology, neuroscience or material sciences markets
What we offer:
- Multifaceted and interesting tasks in a growing company
- Deep insights into fascinating topics from our scientific customers
- Being part of a talented team
- An open, positive and respectful company culture
- Flexible working hours
- Working with up to date development methods and cutting-edge technologies
Tasks and Duties:
- Work with customers to solve imaging science problems with arivis software
- Extend and customize image processing and analysis workflows beyond arivis by using Python and MATLAB
- Collect customer requirements for new features and provide concise summaries to arivis product developers
- Demonstrate arivis software solutions to customers online, in-person, and at conferences
- Support customers in preparing their manuscripts and other presentations for publication
Benefits include a base salary, healthcare and vacation. Employee will work out of a home office. Travel and home office expenses are company paid.
Please email CV and Cover Letter to: