arivis Vision4D is an imaging tool specialized in handling large, high dimensional scientific images. By its unique software design users are able to handle very large image data (in the Terabyte range) on small computers, and even notebooks, interactively regardless of available system memory (RAM).
Nevertheless arivis Vision4D is a software product that benefits from up-to-date hardware and software components. In the following you find the minimum hardware and software requirements that must be met and some further recommendations that guarantee an optimum user experience.
- X86 Processor (at least 2 cores recommended)
- 32 Bit or 64 Bit (64 Bit recommended)
- min. 2 GB RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
- at least 500 MB disk space for system installation (without any image data)
arivis Vision4D has been tested and is recommended on
- Microsoft Windows 7 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit)
A 32 bit version is available as well but not recommended. It may also work with other Windows versions (e.g. Windows Vista or Windows Server).
arivis Vision4D must be installed with admin user rights, however, no admin rights are necessary while using the software. Unpacking and installing new plugins requires write access.
Required software components and drivers
The following software components are required and will be installed automatically when using the installer
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Sentinel HASP SRM driver (http://sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/sentineldownloads/)
Additional requirements for 3D/4D visualization
Basic 4D User Experience
The minimal requirements to enable basic 3D/4D visualization are as follows:
- Support for OpenGL 3.3 or higher
- Providing 1 GB of video adapter RAM ((G)DDR3 or newer)
- Recommended graphics drivers for the given setup
Graphics card series fulfilling the minimal requirements:
- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 or the mobile equivalent with the latest NVIDIA drivers (recommended by arivis)
- AMD Radeon R7 250 or the mobile equivalent with the latest AMD drivers
Optimal 4D User Experience
For the best possible 3D/4D experience, the following hardware specifications are recommended:
- Graphics performance of 3 teraflops or more
- Providing 4 GB of video adapter RAM (GDDR5 or newer) or more with at least a 192-bit memory interface
- Providing 16 GB of system RAM (DDR4 or newer) or more running Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
- Utilizing a current gen quad-core CPU (Intel i5/i7)
- Drives: In addition to the requirements mentioned above, high performance 1TB SSDs like the "Samsung 850 Evo" is recommended as a scratch disk for temporary data storage
Graphics card series fulfilling the requirements for the best experience:
- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 with the latest Nvidia drivers (recommended by arivis)
- AMD Radeon R9 390X with the latest AMD drivers
The 3D/4D visualization may not be available if the installed graphics card driver is outdated, even if the graphics card meets the requirements or recommendations.